Mental Health Program
Sprout Health Texas is here to tell you that you should not be ashamed of your condition.
Unfortunately, there are millions of people who struggle with mental health issues and because of social stigmas, refuse to receive help. The saddest part is that there are family members who do not want to recognize when a loved one is suffering. Somehow, being diagnosed with a mental health issue is shameful.
It is a natural chemical imbalance that can only be treated through the use of prescription medications or by immersing yourself into our highly effective therapeutic modalities. We will offer you support, guidance and the tools to overcome your condition. Like addiction, mental health disorders can be treated, it just takes hard work and dedication.
Statistics on the State of Mental Health
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, half of our population suffers from mental health disorders but only 60 percent of them seek treatment. The other 40 percent choose not to seek treatment and therefore cause themselves more health issues and complications. The biggest issue with not seeking treatment is the potential for substance abuse. Most people with mental health issues that do not seek treatment might begin to abuse their prescriptions and when those no longer do the job, they will seek other illicit substances. Substance abuse almost always leads to addiction and addiction leads to overdose or death.
At Sprout Health Texas, we understand the increased risks of mental health issues combined with substance abuse. We provide many different types of therapeutic modalities that help combat maladaptive behaviors and offer treatment programs that are highly individualized in order to meet our patient’s unique needs.
Recognizing the Signs and Symptoms of Mental Health Disorders
Diagnosing a mental health disorder is an extremely complex process. Our staff at Sprout Health Texas is trained to understand how the mind works and how thoughts are manifested in behaviors. They also know that most mental conditions overlap or intertwine with one another. There are not always clear indicators for certain mental illnesses. For example, it is natural to feel sad when a loved one passes away; however, it is not natural to feel sad for five consecutive years. This could be the result of depression; however, sadness is not the only symptom of depression. There are many symptoms of most mental illnesses that are similar to others, such as:
Withdrawal from friends and family
For many years, our staff has acquired the skills and knowledge necessary to proficiently and accurately diagnose mental health disorders. We utilize the best practices and are equipped to handle those suffering from disorders, such as:
Schizophrenia: The symptoms of schizophrenia include hallucinations, disorganized thinking and speech and abnormal behavior. People may experience social isolation, aggressive behavior, self-harm or a lack of restraint.
Methods for Mental Health
There a number of effective methods for the treatment of mental health disorders, which may include:
Peer Support: Similar to support groups, it is important for patients to share their experiences with those around them.
Understanding the Causes of Mental Disorders
There are many factors that cause mental health disorders, such as biological and genetic factors as well as infections and prenatal damage.
Poor Nutrition. A poor diet has also been linked to mental health illness, especially among substance abusers. Because abusers go days without eating, they lose nutrients that are necessary for brain and body development. This is why during the detox process, Sprout Health Texas offer nutritional support, in order to replenish all lost nutrients and restore a healthy body.
Benefits of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
As mentioned before, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is one of our most effective therapies. This therapy is suited best for those with personality, mood, anxiety, eating and substance abuse disorders. It teaches patients how to better solve problems without the use of substances as well as how to take a systematic approach for positive conclusions.